Museum Now Open
For Event & Ticket Advance Registration, click a date on the calendar below.
Advanced Reservations Recommended
$10 General Admission (12 and Up)
$8 Children 3-12 years old
$0 Children under 3 years old
ALWAYS FREE for Members
Please Note:Online sales close 30 min before time slot begins. Walk-in admission available on Friday – Sunday pending the number of remaining tickets.
Open to the public starting July 3
Burpee is planning to reopen with Pre-registration and pre-purchase of tickets with a maximum of 50 people in the museum per time slot. Tickets will be available for AM (10am-1pm) and PM (2pm-5pm) with a deep clean in between visitor groups. Burpee will NOT be accepting cash, only credit or debit.
You must pre-register for tickets to guarantee admission.
How to Preregister: online at www.burpee.org or by calling the museum in advance. If tickets are sold-out upon your arrival, you may choose to attend the next available session at Burpee.
Beginning July 3: General Public Re-opening
*Note the museum will be closed on July 4th
in observance of Independence Day.
Friday, Saturday, and Sundays in July: Pre-registration only.
Monday-Thursday: Members Only Private Sessions
Member’s Perk: Private Museum Time
In consideration of those wishing for a more private time in the museum, Burpee will allow members to pre-register for private time slots for their group between 10am and 5pm on Monday through Thursday until further notice. Tickets must be pre-reserved online, or over the phone. This private audience with our exhibits is at no charge to individuals covered by any type of membership as a special courtesy for our valued members. Groups larger than your family membership can be arranged with pre-payment for additional individuals. Walk-ins cannot be admitted. During your time at the museum, the front doors will remain locked and only your party of members may experience the museum at that time. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Message from the Executive Director
Burpee Museum values the scientific opinion of the CDC, WCHD, and other scientists working to keep our community safe. Burpee will use those as our primary guidance. Burpee Museum will take direction from these groups in determining the safest, sustainable, and healthiest approach to opening our doors again. Burpee Museum will follow all guidelines from the official State of Illinois Reopening Plan, and the City of Rockford Reopening Recommendations. Burpee Museum is taking guidance from the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC), The American Alliance of Museums (AAM), and the Rockford Park District (RPD). All procedures and policies are subject to change as local, state, and national guidelines are updated in this evolving environment.
-Anne Weerda, Executive Director of Burpee Museum
Burpee Museum will open doors to guests on Friday, July 3rd and Sunday July 5th (the museum will be closed on July 4th)
The museum will then proceed to be open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of each weekend in early July. The number of guests in the Museum per session based on local, state and national guidelines (ie. 20% capacity, 50% capacity, # people/ sq ft)
- Guests must pre-register time assigned tickets for the AM or the PM portion of the day OR they may walk-in but event may be at capacity at that time. (AM Ticket: 10-1:00 (3 hours); Deep Clean with no visitors 1:00-2:00pm; PM: 2:00-5:00 (3 hours)
- Attendance will be limited by the recommendations of the WCHD at that time.
- Guests arriving without a pre-purchased ticket may not be able to enter if there is not space available–call in advance to confirm ticket availability.
- Staff will be REQUIRED to wear appropriate PPE
- Guests will be REQUIRED to wear appropriate PPE as medically able
- Museum will have cleaning staff wiping surfaces throughout the day
- Between AM visitors and PM visitors, Burpee will conduct a thorough cleaning of all surfaces
- SPROUTS learning lab the children’s room, and a couple of interactive exhibits will be closed to the general public due to Health Department requirements. SPROUTS will only available to small rental groups with thorough cleaning between small groups renting the space.
PLEASE NOTE: These plans are subject to Winnebago County Health Department regulations and may change at any time. Continue to check our website and facebook for updates. If you preregister and pre-purchase tickets and we are unable to open due to COVID-19, you will be notified as soon as we know of these changes and refund 100% of your purchase.