Rebounding Rockford When will Burpee's Doors Reopen?
Burpee Museum values the scientific opinion of the CDC, WCHD, and other scientists working to keep our community safe. Burpee will use those as our primary guidance. Burpee Museum will take direction from these groups in determining the safest, sustainable, and healthiest approach to opening our doors again. Burpee Museum will follow all guidelines from the official State of Illinois Reopening Plan, and the City of Rockford Reopening Recommendations. Burpee Museum is taking guidance from the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC), The American Alliance of Museums (AAM), and the Rockford Park District (RPD). All procedures and policies are subject to change as local, state, and national guidelines are updated in this evolving environment.
-Anne Weerda, Executive Director of Burpee Museum
Burpee Museum Soft Reopening: TEST DRIVE DAY
Based on direction from current WCHD and State of Illinois plans, Burpee is planning a soft open on Wednesday, July 1st 2020. The number of guests in the Museum per session based on local, state and national guidelines (ie. 20% capacity, 50% capacity, # people/ sq ft)
- Soft Reopening will be a members only event
- Guests must pre-register time assigned tickets for the AM or the PM portion of the day OR they may walk-in but event may be at capacity at that time. (AM Ticket: 10-1:00 (3 hours); Deep Clean with no visitors 1:00-2:00pm; PM: 2:00-5:00 (3 hours)
- Attendance will be limited by the recommendations of the WCHD at that time.
- Guests arriving without a pre-purchased ticket may not be able to enter if there is not space available
- Staff will be REQUIRED to wear appropriate PPE
- Guests will be REQUIRED to wear appropriate PPE
- Museum will have cleaning staff wiping surfaces throughout the day
- Between AM visitors and PM visitors, Burpee will conduct a thorough cleaning of all surfaces
- SPROUTS learning lab, the children’s room, will be closed to the general public, and only available to small rental groups with thorough cleaning between small groups renting the space.
Burpee Museum Soft Reopening: PART 2
Burpee Museum will open doors to guests on Friday, July 3rd and Sunday July 5th if the test opening goes well. The museum will then proceed to be open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of each weekend in early July. The number of guests in the Museum per session based on local, state and national guidelines (ie. 20% capacity, 50% capacity, # people/ sq ft)
- Procedures will remain the same as above, except Burpee will be open to the general public
- Timed Entrance Only: (AM Ticket: 10-1:00 (3 hours); Deep Clean with no visitors 1:00-2:00pm; PM: 2:00-5:00 (3 hours)
- Staff will use social distancing when checking in guests with as little contact as possible: Pre-Purchased Tickets via eventbrite, Looking at member cards (no touching) Customer Facilitated Credit Card Swiping, and Emailed Receipts.
- Burpee will host Wednesday Members ONLY days as well
- Burpee Museum will not host extremely large events (ie: weddings)
- Burpee Museum will host Birthday parties with guest numbers keeping us within the allotted max for our building.